In 1925 you could read the following in the local paper Enköpingsposten: “Örsundsbro has got a new place for larger gatherings. It is nicely decorated and has comfortable seatings.” This was written about the carpenter Edvard Johansson and his newly built cinema theater. He had moved his carpentry to the basement and now had a place for Cinema-Paul from the neighbouring village to come with his movie projector and show films. The Örsundsbro Amateur Theater Group gave their performances here and travelling companies gave humoristic shows or circus-performances.
Activity continued to 1961, then the house started its decay. In 1986 the Association Old Cinema In Örsundsbro was founded and started to renovate the building. In 1992 the first floor, with the large hall was reopened. In 1995 the basement with the carpentry was reopened after many, many hours of work for members of the association.
Since then, the cinema hall and the carpentry has been shown as a museum. Movies, music performances and excibitions have had a growing audience every year.
The Old Cinema In Örsundsbro is a living museum.
Guided tours after contact!